5/1/09

Say Cheese!

No work today... awww the life of flexible schedules! I do, however, work Sat through Tue. I jammed my days together at the beginning of the week in preparation for my Chicago trip... yippee!!! Anyway, my plans for today are to go out and take some pics. Don't know if anybody heard, but, Ritz Camera is closing down some stores in AZ and when I was in there trying to scoop up some bargains, I ended up being inpired to revisit my old camera. I got my Nikon N80 in 2002 and never learned to get the most out of it. So, I dusted that puppy off and got a book on how to use my camera in manual mode. I did a bit of reading last week and finally know where to find the dials on my camera to change shutter speed, aperature and iso..... it's a start :)

2 comments:

  1. OOOh, I'm so jealous...in a good, 'I'm happy for you way,' of course! :) I so badly want a good camera with a big ol'lens to learn the ins and outs of...maybe i can give Reid some not-so-subtle hints around my birthday! Enjoy re-discovering your camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I can't wait to see you all. When again do u fly into town?

    And yeah, manual cameras are great. I bought a cheap $30 only manual camera back in high school for my photography class. And we learned how to use all those features. It was great. We even got to develop our own film. I miss it. True manual photography is an art and must be learned.

    ReplyDelete