5/3/10

Shake the Dust Off

Census is REALLY low at work and so I've had more time off than I wanted these past few weeks. I think I need to find some supplemental employment. It has never felt "normal" working 3 days a week (12 hour shifts). So, we'll see what else is out there. I have an idea of something that I want to try that isn't nursing related... so I need to investigate that. More details later if something comes of it. It might just be another one of my hundreds of ideas that never take fruition.

I did something fun this weekend and helped out with shooting a wedding. A friend from work does photography on the side (but she is super good) and since she knew I am a total amateur but like to dabble in the creative arts, she loaned me her Nikon D70 and I was instructed to do my own thing and then she'll show me how to photoshop, etc. I got the cutest text from her last night. It said, "lots of great pictures little grasshopper..." it definitely made me lol.

The wedding reception was at a home in Phoenix (Glendale, really) and it was beautiful; the home, that is. Some of my favorite parts: the massive, wooden door with the HUmongou-est planters flanking the door, dining room table to sit 12, wooden beams on the ceiling of the great room, the fountain on the patio out back, the balcony and stucco staircase on the back of the house and of course no neighbors when you're out in the backyard. Oh, to have luxuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment