6/9/10

Wrong Side of the Bed, Wrong Side of the Room...

So, car troubles.... had a coolant leak about 3 weeks ago that I got fixed. I've been going to the same mechanic for a few years now so I trust him. Recently, I bought new tires (2) and then had an alignment at the Buick dealership (regular guy doesn't do that) and they told me that when my car was "up" they noticed I had a coolant leak. Just had that fixed and so I didn't have them do anything with that, but I thought, "I'll just keep an eye on my coolant tank". Yesterday, I pop the hood and dontcha know it- my coolant's low. UGGHHHHH!!!! Now, I kind of don't want to go back to my mechanic bc I don't want to blame him for not being thorough... and then there's the whole bit of giving him the work to fix the "new" leak.... I feel like I'm paying him twice. What I've deduced is that there were 2 leaks when I took in my car. The obvious one that was shooting like a sprinkler system gone amuck and the sneaky one under the car. One was fixed and the other- guess not. Now, I'm gonna bring it to the Buick dealership and pay a butt load of money to get it fixed. All this to avoid confrontation/ blame with my regular mechanic. And I don't want to pay him again! Any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. tough situation, but Monica, it sounds like you have to bite the bullet and tell your regular mechanic about the coolant leak he missed. I tend to avoid conflict just as much (if not more than) the average person; but when you're paying money to avoid conflict...well, i think that's where you need to draw the line. do you think he would charge you again or why are you worried about paying him again? if it's something he missed, he definitely shouldn't be charging you twice. just my 2 cents! :)

    ReplyDelete