10/28/11

Delving Into Silk Flower Arrangements

Have you ever noticed how pricey "fake" flower arrangements are? I have. I was at this beautiful boutique shop and yes, the arrangements were stunning and made by a designer, but the price tag was nothing I could afford (think upwards of $1000 people!). After that visit I knew my mom could not get through the year without having a similar basket of hydrangeas in her house. Well, maybe I wanted the basket of hydrangeas- my memory gets murky. I decided to head over to Michaels and see what I could come up with. The basket is from good ol' TJMaxx. The ribbon is from that boutique shop. And the whole thing cost about $120  (those flowers ate up much of the cost) and the arrangement was made in about one hour. TaDa!



Maybe next time I would make all the Hydrangeas the same color.

1 comment:

  1. nope, i've never even so much as looked at a fake flower arrangement (i have maybe been in a michaels 3 times in my life), much less been shocked by the price. and $1000 for an arrangemet?!?! that's outrageous!!

    that being said, your arrangment is gorgeous - has you mom seen it yet?

    ReplyDelete