2/25/12

CT Fun

I've been on a long hiatus from blogging. Too much to do vs. no motivation to blog. But, here I am.

Looks like I left off pretty randomly, so, I have to take my blogging back to November '11. I had been working my two jobs for most of 2011 but before the holidays decided it was too much so I quit my supplemental job. I promised to get out to Connecticut to visit the nearest and dearest to my heart, little "patient" of mine, Anabelle. This little gal (and really her family- especially her mom, Narges) was one of the people you meet and your life becomes intertwined when otherwise would've never been. Really, Narges spent her days camped out in the NICU and, dad, Brendan, worked in the hospital and was a regular at the bedside, too, and so the relationship developed over little milestones from Anabelle and 12 hour shifts chatting it up. Anabelle is one of those amazing preemies who traveled a long road in the NICU (imagine a 1 lb & 2 oz kiddo) and then got bigger and better and before you know it she's home and she turned ONE years old in November! So, there I was, on my way to visit them in Connecticut in November.

CT is beautiful! Trees, trees, trees!

 And big sister Maia was fun to enjoy the outdoors with:
I spent some time with Maia in the backyard on a playground set and I can't remember the whole story she fabricated (unprompted by me) but it had to do with us taking a rocket to another planet where there was an alien who didn't wear clothes and the alien captured us and we had to escape and save the world. I know at one point the rocket ran out of gas (probably on our many trips back and forth from Earth to the planet) and we were out of food, but we still managed to save all of mankind and kill the alien. Maia is in first grade. Where do they get this stuff was all I was thinking.

Now for just 2 pics of baby Anabelle... enough said!!
I just want to squeeze that little girl!!

1 comment:

  1. WELCOME BACK to the blogosphere!!! so glad you listened to your lovely cuz. ;)

    so excited to read all your new posts and get caught up on your life, since this seems to be a bit easier than connecting with you in real life, haha. :)

    keep them coming!1

    ReplyDelete