2/25/12

Thanksgiving

I knew we should have taken my Buick to San Antonio. Dad and I decided to drive the apx 16 hour trip from Phoenix to San Antonio for Thanksgiving. My argument was pretty much that my car has a bigger gas tank (18 gallons to the RAV4's 13 gallons) and I didn't care about adding the mileage. Yes, the Buick's older.... but it's reliable. His "under warranty", 65K- mile, car ended up giving us trouble! About 250 miles to go, the check engine lights came on and he could tell there was something up with the transmission. We took it a little slower and made it to my sister's house OK, but to the dealer the car went (on black Friday) and instead of leaving on Monday as planned, we rented a car to get us home on Tuesday. And the transmission on his car had to be taken out and replaced. Two weeks later, he finally got his car home. That was the only trouble of the trip and otherwise it was a weekend filled with Thanksgiving, putting up the Christmas tree and fun times with Esthera, Alex and the kids.

Here's our day putting up the trees. I made Ethan pose for me.


The angel on the right is a cowgirl with wings completely made by Abby (10y/o) and her friend. If you look closely you can see the braid on her back, the cowgirl hat on her head and that's a lasso in her hand. Brilliant!

1 comment:

  1. haha, love your buick! it's just keeps going and going and going...how's your dad's car doing now?

    also, i'll pay you to come decorate my christmas tree this year - you've got the magic touch and mine always look so sad!

    ReplyDelete