6/18/12

MY Black & White Checkered Floor

Sitting in my new (to me) home and actually feel like writing a blog post! I've been busy... yes... that excuse again. However, I did find time, in the past few months, to peruse the HGTV site or just browse through whatever my current obsession is on google images. It's been searches for "black and white checkered floors", "living rooms", "painted cabinets", and even "pink kitchens" :) And finally, after searching (days, at least) for the perfect (i.e. inexpensive) black and white tile.... I now have my dream (literally) at me feet. I'm so glad I didn't cave in to that sage "advice" and go with "something neutral that everyone will like". So, how about some before and afters??? Mmmm.... life is Goood!



It started with ripping up the nasty, dirty carpet. Then came tearing down a pony wall (on the left side) and cutting into that 3/4 wall on the right side to make one, open great room.


This is the hallway on the "other" side that consists of the "den" straight back, the small, laundry room on the right, and a wall that I decided to close up on the left. (There was a small linen closet that became part of the bathroom on the "other" side and a doorway, part of a jack-and-jill bathroom, that is no more.)




Tada. My. Lovely. Floors. This is just the beginning. A good layer! (And the gray on the walls is Martha Stewarts "sharkey gray" which I think was just right... says goldilocks.)


No trim yet... but looking good hallway!

A couple more pics.......... still don't have the curtains, the paintings, the coffe table, the "other stuff"... but that will all come with time. I am right happy with it so far. I just know the "more" is yet to come!









1 comment:

  1. first of all, WELCOME BACK!! i adore the new look of your blog - so you!

    secondly, thanks for posting pics of your new home and the work you're doing on it. the gray walls are great and the b&w floor - well, what can i say but it's so you! i can't wait to see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete