3/14/09

Satuday, What a Day!

Look at me! Keeping up with the posts :) So, I'm dog-sitting for the weekend for the cutest little dogs. All I have to do is go over to their house and feed them and play for a little. It's so cute when you come into the house and they are all excited to see you. I'm gonna take them for a walk later today. That should be exciting. Totally understand why people get so attached to their pets, but I still think I would need to be home more before I could commit to a pet.

Also started reading an inspirational book yesterday and it has hit a note with me. (Brennan Manning, The Furious Longing Of God.) I know my closest friends have heard me say I'm struggling with faith right now. Sometimes I feel a real disconnect with God and my purpose in this life. Things have been going amuck for quite awhile and nothing seems to be getting me back to where I need to be- passionate about life and living with a purpose. Anyway, I also picked up a fasting journal and after I finish my antibiotics I will start on that. Hopefully I will be able to share some of what I'm learning in this blog. But, in many ways, my spiritual relationship is not what I want to advertise to the world because it is quite personal and I am VERY put off by people who are like, "Oh, look at me, I love God and He is the best, and I am so happy". Sometimes, those words can sound like clanging cymbals.

Anyone see 20/20 last night? Loved it! Talked about the frivolous spending of our gov't and about some of the cons to programs like "the fence around our borders" and "pre-K for all children". Don't know what's happening to this gov't, but it is out of control! Unfortunately, it is really our own fault for not being informed and not voting for the people we really want representing us from a very local level. Politics, yuck!

1 comment:

  1. First, about pets...and specifically about dogs, b/c they're the best pet one could have! Let me be the first to tell you that you absolutely have enough time to commit to a pet, so you can't use that as an excuse! :) Reid and I are both at work each day, so we have evenings and weekends with our Zoe, which means you already have more time to give than we currently do. And, dogs don’t care; they're just happy to see you when they do; plus, they live in the moment, so it's not like you can scar them emotionally by being gone longer than you would like.

    There really isn't anything better than walking thru the front door and seeing her waiting for me, so excited she can barely stand it! Having Zoe has brought so much into our life; we can't imagine what we did before her! And before anyone goes there, yes, I know she's only a dog and not a child, but for now, she's my baby and I'm fully enjoying her! Also, there is a certain purpose that comes from caring for another living thing that depends on you for everything; it is extremely fulfilling.

    Sorry these thoughts aren't well connected...in summary, you MUST get a dog; it'll bring more into your life than you imagined, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete