10/4/09

Living For an Audience of One

I'm back from El Salvador. My vacay was great!! More details on that later. What I really wanted to write about was the good teaching in church today. The message was about overcoming pride. I guess I never really thought I had a pride problem but, boy, did it hit home. I learned that I am not being honest about myself and that pride prevents me from having real relationships with others and, most importantly, pride keeps me from God.

The reason I'm not trusting God is because I'm not living off of His list. I have my own little list of who I am and where I'm going.

I'm trying to sum up what my goal in life should be... and the closest I've gotten... it's to become more like Christ. Anybody have a better way of putting it?

Figuring it out :), monica

ps. Here's a pic from the plane on my way home to Phoenix- I caught the sunset.


1 comment:

  1. by the way, i love the new blog layout and the new blog title...my blog needs some serious tending to

    ReplyDelete