5/12/10

Late Mother's Day Entry

If I could describe my mother with one word it would be "selfless". She has always done everything for her kids and also compromised and let a lot of her wants disappear so that my dad could be satisfied. I can't remember a time when she needed to get away from everyone. She always wants to be with us kids or her grandkids. Sometimes I get angry and give her the advice to just stop being so nice! Think about yourself. Take a vacation. Quit your job! But, luckily for all of us, she doesn't take me too seriously.

One time I was so mad at her... and I can't remember why but she was getting on my nerves (I'm a horrible daughter)... and I happened to read Proverbs that night and this is the verse that I read, "Listen to your father who gave you life, and don't despise your mother when she is old." It really hit home with me. There is an unique relationship between mothers and daughters when you grow up because, all of a sudden, your mom is your new best friend. Yet, I never want to forget to love her. And remember all she sacrificed for me. Mother's love the most! 

No comments:

Post a Comment