2/16/09

Happy President's Day

UgHHHH!! I spent WAY too much money on fabric today. But, it IS beautiful fabric. I'm gonna try to make some curtains (for about 4 rooms in the house- why start out small?). If there's one thing that gives me a tiny thrill in the pit of my stomach (ok, there's many things) one of them is the start of a new project! I am just gonna have to pick up some overtime because I was just complaining about bills today!

Well, I was flipping through my little monthly planner and for the first time noticed they have this great little poem on the last page in the planner:

At Day's End

Is anybody happier because you passed his way?
Does anyone remember that you spoke to him today?
The day is almost over, and its toiling time is through;
Is there anyone to utter now a kindly word of you?
Can you say tonight, in parting with the day that's slipping fast,
That you helped a single brother of the many that you passed?
Is a single heart rejoicing over what you did or said;
Does the man whose hopes were fading, now with courage look ahead?
Did you waste the day, or lose it? Was it well or sorely spent?
Did you leave a trail of kindness, or a scar of discontent?
As you close your eyes in slumber, do you think that God will say,
"You have earned one more tomorrow by the work you did today"?
-- John Hall

That's a pretty nice poem. I would say I started off strong... lunch with my sister and good conversation with a friend... then the day got a little weak as I shopped and when I got home- wasn't too productive.

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the poem you found. I could say much more about it and why it really hit home, but I'll leave it at that.

    ReplyDelete