2/11/09

Hump Day

streetttch! Just waking up for work and woke up early enough to pay some bills and sort through mail. (Really, it was because I went to bed EARLY last night... I was tired.)

You know, I 've always loved my job and have never hated going into work, but always assumed that it's because I work in the most satisfying unit in the hospital- NICU! And, although I've gotten close to co-workers, my social life was completely with friends outside of work (two were seperate). Recently, I'm reading that loving your job might have a lot to do with relationships at work. It surprised me to hear that if you don't have a friend at work you are more likely to have decreased productivity and overall be unhappy (in personal life, too). Just goes to show that relationships are important and any management would be wise to foster social networks! Have fun at work and outside work with co-workers... what a concept.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I couldn't agree more! And no, I'm not referring to getting up at 3am, crazy woman!

    I truly believe that having meaningful friendships in the work environment makes an ENORMOUS difference. Even on days when my job is unsatisfying or downright awful, having someone to share that with who truly understands keeps me sane.

    ReplyDelete