5/22/09

Sweet as Honey

It was recently brought to my attention that Arizona should not be inhabited by people. Did you ever notice how everything in AZ is telling us to go to a safer place? The Sun- scorching. The plants- prickly. The bugs- jumping all over! It's the desert people!!!! We are so brave, those of us who live here! We should have our own reality show- gluttons for punishment.

Suddenly one day (yesterday) I noticed a hive of bees perched in a tree in my backyard. Figured I would call pest control, but as soon as the thought came out of my mouth my dad said, "Wait, I will call Daniel Heler and see if he would have need (daca are trebuinta- sounds better in Romanian) for these honeybees!" SAY WHAT? Seriously, dad, nobody needs a bee hive in America! Especially in the middle of suburbia. After 2 hours, the bees were nicely packed away in a wooden box by Daniel! :) Today, the tree is bee free!


1 comment:

  1. Well, i'm not sure if I'm the one who brought it to your attention, but let me tell you, since the first time I endured Phoenix in the summer, I've been of the mindset that humans were not meant to live in the desert. Period. It's un-natural! :)

    And what in the world did Daniel Heler need a bee hive for?! I'm so curious to know how that's working out for him!

    ReplyDelete